Big Brother Watch is a non-profit organisation campaigning to protect privacy and defend civil liberties in the UK. Our vital work is made possible by the generosity of our donors.
We are a non-partisan, independent campaign organisation. Independence is of central importance to us. Funders do not, and cannot, set our policies or otherwise direct our work.
We are incredibly grateful to be in receipt of grants from the following trusts and foundations:
We would also like to thank Lord Paul Strasburger, a long-time defender of civil liberties and privacy, for his generous support.
Our donations protocols
- We are a non-partisan, independent campaign organisation. Independence is of central importance to us.
- Big Brother Watch is entirely independent of any political party or group, and is funded by voluntary donations from individuals, trusts and foundations who want to support its work.
- Strictly, Big Brother Watch does not accept any donations from any Government.
- Big Brother Watch does not accept any money from groups or companies whose aims or activities run counter to Big Brother Watch’s stated mission.
- Funders do not, and cannot, set or influence our policies or otherwise direct Big Brother Watch’s work. As such, Big Brother Watch does not accept any ‘commissions’ for research work.
- Respecting the privacy of its donors and believing wholly in the right to freedom of association, Big Brother Watch does not by default disclose the identities of its donors.
- However, any donor wishing to make their support of Big Brother Watch public can do so according to their own protocols and may permit Big Brother Watch to disclose their identity.