The Investigatory Powers Act has now been passed by Parliament.
On this page you can find all the Investigatory Powers Act Factsheets, which outline some of the powers in the Act, as well as more detailed briefings and background research. Each Factsheet will outline what the Act means to you in straightforward language, breaking down some of the more complicated terminology and descriptions.
If you would like to get in touch with your local MP to raise your concerns, you can find out who your MP is and how to contact them here.
- Briefing on the Report of the Bulk Powers Review by David Anderson QC
- Investigatory Powers Bill Public Bill Committee Submission
- Investigatory Powers Bill – MP Briefing
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill Consultation – Joint Committee on the Draft Investigatory Powers Bill
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill Response – Joint Committee on Human Rights