Work with us
Would you like to work with a leading civil liberties campaign organisation that holds Government to account?
Do you care about the impact of new technologies on human rights in the UK?
Are you passionate about privacy rights?
Work with Big Brother Watch!
Big Brother Watch is a UK non-profit campaign group leading the protection of privacy and civil liberties in the UK in a time of enormous technological change. We fight for a free future — and we fight to win. Our success relies on the dedication of our small, committed team — and if you share our passion for privacy and civil liberties, we want to hear from you.
Research & Investigations Volunteers
We are recruiting up to 4 volunteers to support us in conducting research into current privacy and civil liberties issues in the UK. These positions will focus on either:
- automated decision making, AI and welfare
- emergency coronavirus powers
- freedom of expression
- policing and technology
We are looking for volunteers with:
- A demonstrable passion for civil liberties and either campaigning, research or investigations
- Interest in the intersection of technology and human rights
- Courage to hold the powerful to account
- An ability to volunteer for 1 day per week for a minimum of six months
What we can offer:
- We will reimburse your travel costs within London (zones 1-6) and a daily lunch allowance of up to £6
- Experience working as part of a dedicated, dynamic, positive team of campaigners
- Volunteers working on automated decision making, AI and welfare will be supervised by our Head of Research & Investigations
- Please send your CV and a covering letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please state in your covering letter what specific area of our work you would like to contribute to and why you have the appropriate skills and interest.
- Please let us know what your availability is and when you would be able to start.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.