Would you like to work with a leading civil liberties campaign organisation that holds Government to account?
Do you care about the impact of new technologies on human rights in the UK?
Are you passionate about privacy rights?
Work with us!
Big Brother Watch is a non-profit campaign organisation leading the protection of privacy and civil liberties in the UK in a time of enormous technological change. We are a small and dedicated team with great ambition for 2018 and beyond. Our success relies on the dedication of our team – and if you share our passion for privacy and civil liberties, we want to hear from you.
We have opportunities for three volunteers in our Westminster office for:
- Research and Investigations: in this varied role, we will support you in conducting research or an investigation into a current privacy/civil liberties issue in the UK.
Areas of focus include:
Facial Recognition: investigating and analysing evidence, building on our FaceOff report and working with a team on a landmark legal challenge.
Cross-cutting research: either supporting our ongoing investigations, such as digital evidence and/or internet regulation, or if you pitch a unique and brilliant research idea to us, you could be working with us on your own project idea.
- Digital Communications: this is a varied role which could include helping to run our social media channels, developing digital campaign material from graphics to leaflets, and engaging with our supporters.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- A demonstrable passion for civil liberties and campaigning (digital campaigns experience is desirable but not essential)
- Interest in the intersection of technology and human rights
- Courage to hold the powerful to account
What we can offer:
- We will reimburse your travel costs within London (zones 1-6) and a daily lunch allowance of up to £5
- Experience working as part of a dedicated, dynamic, positive team of campaigners
- Flexible experience protecting civil liberties, influencing policy and contributing to making a difference
- Please send your CV and a covering letter (maximum one page) to email@example.com
- Please state in your covering letter what specific area of our work you would like to contribute to and why you have the appropriate skills and interest.
- Please let us know what your availability is and when you would be able to start.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.