Would you like to work for a leading civil liberties campaign organisation that holds Government to account?
Do you care about the impact of new technologies on human rights in the UK?
Are you passionate about privacy rights?
Work with us!
Big Brother Watch is a non-profit campaign organisation leading the protection of privacy and civil liberties in the UK in a time of enormous technological change. We are a small and dedicated team with great ambition for 2018 and beyond. Our success relies on the dedication of our team – and if you share our passion for privacy and civil liberties, we want to hear from you.
Digital Communications Volunteer
We are recruiting volunteers to our Westminster office for digital communications. This is a varied role which could include helping to run our social media channels, developing digital campaign material from graphics to leaflets, and engaging with our supporters.
We are looking for volunteers with:
- A demonstrable passion for civil liberties and campaigning (ideally with digital campaigns experience)
- Interest in the intersection of technology and human rights
- Courage to hold the powerful to account
- An ability to volunteer for at least 1 day per week for a minimum of three months
What we can offer:
- We will reimburse your travel costs within London (zones 1-6) and a daily lunch allowance of up to £5
- Experience working as part of a dedicated, dynamic, positive team of campaigners
- Please send your CV and a covering letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please state in your covering letter what specific area of our work you would like to contribute to and why you have the appropriate skills and interest.
- Please let us know what your availability is and when you would be able to start.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.